The Community Foundation administers hundreds of separate charitable Funds, each with a different purpose. Please select from the list below:
Discretionary Endowment Funds
Your gift is used to award grants to charities and projects serving Door County.
- For Good Forever Fund – The Community Foundation is here for good, and we’re here forever. The For Good Forever Fund is the general unrestricted fund for all of Door County. We simply cannot know what issues or opportunities the future will bring, but we can be confident that the Community Foundation will be here to address it.
- Arts Fund – Through the Arts Fund, the Community Foundation supports creative charitable activities in Door County that use the arts to enrich the community and touch the lives of the people of Door County.
- Children and Youth Fund – The Community Foundation supports charities that are working to ensure a brighter future for the community’s children – whether it be alleviating their burdens today or helping them realize the opportunities of tomorrow.
- Crime Prevention Foundation – Promotes innovative programs and equipment that will enhance the Sheriff’s Department in establishing strategies to prevent crime and strengthen relationships with the community.
- Door County Emergency Response Fund – In an effort to provide a coordinated philanthropic response to the current COVID-19 health crisis, the Door County Community Foundation and the United Way of Door County have activated the Door County Emergency Response Fund
- Door County Green Fund – The Green Fund supports land acquisition projects in our community and also invests in environmental education, funds land preservation, eradicates invasive species, and supports other types of “green” projects.
- Education Fund – The Community Foundation believes that learning is a lifelong pursuit – and nurtures its incorporation into the many aspects of life in Door County.
- Health and Human Needs Fund – The Community Foundation supports charities that are working to aid those who live in the shadows of society – those whose health or human service needs are not being adequately addressed.
- Healthy Water Door County – Door County’s unique geography makes our water vulnerable. The mission of Healthy Water Door County is to protect our community’s human, environmental, and economic health by guarding against threats to our water.
- Historic Preservation Fund – Working in partnership with the Clifford and Clara Herlache Heritage Foundation, the Community Foundation’s Historic Preservation Fund supports the appreciation, enhancement, and preservation of historical landmarks and the cultural heritage of Door County.
- Women’s Fund of Door County – The Women’s Fund of Door County builds, enriches, and nurtures the lives of women and girls through collective wisdom and philanthropy. Because when she thrives, we all prosper.
Community Projects and Initiatives
The Door County Community Foundation’s Board of Directors has launched and/or endorsed several community efforts that operate as a project or initiative of the Community Foundation.
- COIN Investment Network – Encourages entrepreneurs to build their businesses in Door County by offering micro-loans to provide capital.
- Door County Granary Fund – The Sturgeon Bay Historical Society Foundation, Inc. is working in conjunction with the City of Sturgeon Bay to preserve and restore the 1901 Teweles and Brandeis Grain Elevator, now named the Door County Granary.
- Door County Civility Project – A community-based initiative with a mission to foster and incorporate the principles of civility into the fabric of everyday life in Door County.
- Ellie Helm Foundation – A lover of the outdoors, animals, kids and the elderly. Ellie believed in touching everyone…no matter how small that touch was.
- Go Bo Foundation – Bringing hope to children with life-threatening medical conditions by funding research, supporting treatment, and helping their families during times of financial need.
- Little Lake Restoration Fund – A restoration project of Little Lake, including the creation of an engineered wetland and dredging of the lake.
- Service Club Coalition – Provides financial support to projects in which youth use their skills, talents, and abilities to serve or educate others and theatrical productions in which youth play a significant role in its production and/or on-stage performance.
- Third Avenue Playhouse Reimagine Campaign – A bold effort to unleash the hidden potential of what a theatrical experience at TAP could be with a major investment in the theatre itself.
Providing financial assistance to deserving students.
- Scholarship Funds of the Community Foundation – Select the scholarship you would like to support by clicking the link, then choosing a Scholarship Fund from the dropdown menu.
Give to a Fund created by the local charities themselves.
- Non-Profit Funds of the Community Foundation – Select the non-profit you would like to support by clicking the link, then choosing a Non-Profit Fund from the dropdown menu.